Wednesday 21 April 2010

The Italian Job 2010 part III

9/4/10 – getting home proves more difficult than I imagine, as the staff at Marco Polo airport are staging a 24 hour strike. My flight is cancelled along with a long list of others and there are a lot of people aimlessly looking for information. My first thought that a night in Venice is not the end of the world is replaced by the realisation that all the available flights have already been fully booked over the next two days. A chance encounter with a local girl from Blackheath on 5 month work experience in Venice, desperately needing to get home for her best friend’s surprise party, means a cross-country adventure to Milan and a rather delayed but joyous return to Blighty. The combination of good weather, good company, and a calm instilled by my time with the Inamas, has made this strangely one of the most relaxing journeys I can remember. Thirsty? Think Soave.

No comments:

Post a Comment